Teaching Assistants (Fixed Term)
Grade 3, 18,562-£18,933 pro rata (£9.62-£9.81 per hour).
Harlands Primary School is looking to recruit two Teaching Assistants to join our valued team starting in September to support children with additional needs on a 1:1 basis, on initial one-year fixed term contracts.
Harlands currently has in place procedures to support all staff and pupils in the Covid environment, to ensure appropriate separation of pupil groupings “bubbles” and one-to-one working where necessary.
The available posts are:
• one for five days per week between 8.30-3.20,
• one for three days (Tuesday, Thursday and Friday) between 8.30-3.20,
The precise timings may depend on any requirement for “bubbles” from September, but the days are fixed.
Duties will include lunchtime cover, as well as 1:1 support for specific needs.
The successful candidate(s) will:
• Be enthusiastic, caring, well-motivated and adaptable
• Be patient, sensitive, firm and tactful
• Work well as part of a friendly and successful school team
• Maintain confidentiality
• Plan differentiated learning tasks to support the pupils
• Have some knowledge and/or experience of working with primary children
• Show an active appreciation of the important role break-times and lunchtimes play in a child’s social and emotional development
• Be suitably qualified with good basic mathematical skills, and able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in a variety of settings (GCSE Grade C+ or equivalent)
• An NVQ2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualification is highly desirable, but not essential
Harlands Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to pre-employment checks, including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service with barred lists check. This will be done by means of applying for a DBS certificate through the Disclosure and Barring Service. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings, as well as convictions, spent or unspent.
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
For more information, please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs K Michael 01444 450782. Completed applications should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9.00am on Tuesday, 6 July
Interview date: Wednesday, 14 July 2021
Updated 23 June 2021