Grade 3, £18,887 -£19,264 pro rata (£9.79 to £9.99 per hour).
Harlands Primary School is looking to recruit a number of Teaching Assistants to join our valued team starting as soon as possible to act as both general Teaching Assistants and also to support children with additional needs on a 1:1 basis. Appropriate specialist training will be provided as required for any special needs.
The posts available are all day during term time only, which means working from 8.30-3.20pm for five days, and including one INSET day for staff training. Teaching Assistants are asked to carry out lunch duties with the children, but if working a full day will be able to take a 30 minute break for their own lunch, usually from 1.00-1.30pm.
Although the posts are for full days, five days a week, we would be prepared to consider employing people on a part-time basis dovetailing together to provide a full week’s cover. This is something that would need to be discussed at interview.
The successful candidates will:
- Be enthusiastic, caring, well-motivated and adaptable
- Be patient, sensitive, firm and tactful
- Work well as part of a friendly and successful school team
- Maintain confidentiality
- Plan differentiated learning tasks to support pupils
- Have some knowledge and/or experience of working with primary children
- Show an active appreciation of the important role break-times and lunchtimes play in a child’s social and emotional development
- Be suitably qualified with good basic mathematical skills, and able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in a variety of settings (GCSE Grade C+ or equivalent)
- An NVQ2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualification is desirable, but not essential. (The roles available may provide a pathway to gaining a Teaching Assistant qualification in the future.)
Harlands Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to pre-employment checks, including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service with barred lists check. This will be done by means of applying for a DBS certificate through the Disclosure and Barring Service. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings, as well as convictions, spent or unspent.
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
For more information, please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs K Michael to whom applications should be sent email@example.com
Closing date: Monday, 27 June 2022
Interview date: Monday, 4 July 2022
Updated 14 June 2022