Resources which you may find helpful in supporting your child online:
Link to online workshop for parents & carers (see newsletter 37 for details) is here: https://nationalonlinesafety.com/enrol/harlands-primary-school
Safer Internet Day 2021: https://www.saferinternet.org.uk/
- Top tips, quizzes and films to use at home with your child.
- Advice for parents and carers from Childnet
- Guides on popular apps and games.
Common Sense Media: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/
- Reviews and information about games, apps, TV shows and websites.
Internet Matters: https://www.internetmatters.org/
- Help on using parental controls and privacy settings.
CEOP (Child Exploitation and Online Protection): https://www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/
- Information and reporting of online grooming or abuse to the Police
- For information about online safety from the National Crime Agency - https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/
- A parents' guide to online safety issued by WSCC & the West Sussex Safeguarding Board is available here.
- Also available is a document which provides some useful advice on how to keep your child safe with screen time. The document also includes information on how to set controls on various electronic devices.
Updated 26 June 2020