Teaching Assistants (Temporary)
Grade 3, 18,065-£18,426 pro rate (£9.36-£9.55 per hour), with an April 2020 pay award still pending
Harlands Primary School is looking to recruit a number of Teaching Assistants to join our valued team starting as soon as possible.
Harlands has in place procedures to support all staff and pupils in the current Covid environment, to ensure appropriate separation of pupil groupings “bubbles” and one-to-one working where necessary.
The available posts are all temporary, with one position specifically to support children with EHCPs working in KS2, whilst the other position(s) are to support interventions in the core subjects as part of a post-Covid catch-up programme.
The daily hours, whether morning or afternoon, and the number of sessions per week, are for individual negotiation, but candidates would need to be available between 8.30am to 3.30pm. Duties will include lunchtime cover, which currently takes place across the period 11.50-1.50pm to allow for appropriate separation of pupil bubbles.
The successful candidate(s) will:
• Be enthusiastic, caring, well-motivated and adaptable
• Be patient, sensitive, firm and tactful
• Work well as part of a friendly and successful school team
• Maintain confidentiality
• Plan differentiated learning tasks to support the pupils
• Have some knowledge and/or experience of working with primary children
• Show an active appreciation of the important role break-times and lunchtimes play in a child’s social and emotional development
• Be suitably qualified with good basic mathematical skills, and able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in a variety of settings (GCSE Grade C+ or equivalent)
• An NVQ2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualification is highly desirable, but not essential
Harlands Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to pre-employment checks, including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service with barred lists check. This will be done by means of applying for a DBS certificate through the Disclosure and Barring Service. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings, as well as convictions, spent or unspent.
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
For more information, please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs K Michael on 01444 450782.
Applications should be returned preferably by e-mail to email@example.com
Closing date: 9.00am on Monday, 5 October 2020
Interview date: Wednesday, 14 October 2020
Updated 10 September 2020